CFEC offers the following family services. You can access them through the Centre by making appointments through reception, or through a referral by a professional.
Family Support for MCFD/non-MCFD referrals (or Drop-in)
CFEC offers support for any families that desire to:
- Increase communication within the family unit.
- Receive family prevention/intervention information or strategies.
- Receive specialized, practical and professional assistance in any area of parenting or raising children/youth.
- Receive specialized, practical assistance for raising children 0-6 years.
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Support Services
The Cariboo Family Enrichment Centre has two principal services dealing with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: a Key Worker program and a Caregivers’ Support Group.
Key Worker Program:
This program provides a Key Worker to assist families of children and youth with FASD. The Key Worker uses a family centred approach and assists families to build on child, youth and family strengths. Some aspects of the Key Worker role include:
- Supporting families through the process of diagnosis and assessment of their child’s condition
- Mentoring families to facilitate an increase in their knowledge, skills and confidence
- Assisting families with access of appropriate services, such as health and education
Caregivers’ Support Group:
The support group offers foster parents, adoptive parents, blended families, and other caregivers an opportunity for support. The group gives caregivers a chance to network, share information and resources, and learn new skills.
Family Group Conferencing & Family Case Planning Conference
Celebrating families and their communities by supporting family-based decision making and planning for children.
CFEC supports families in conflict by providing solution focused perspectives and techniques. Professional, confidential, and practical helps for better, healthier relationships between parents and youth.
Our parenting workshops provide a great opportunity to learn important life skills in a relaxed and supportive environment. Workshops are offered throughout the year, please contact CFEC for new dates.
The Men’s Event group meetings provides an open, non-judgmental space for men to connect and have access to support. The event offers various activities in a relaxed environment. To learn more, please contact CFEC.