We can all help families in need of support. This page lists different ways you can contribute to these families through the CFEC.
Make a Donation to the CFEC
Cariboo Family Enrichment Centre provides services to community members free of charge. Many community members are marginalized, at-risk, or in difficult positions and benefit greatly from our services. We are able to provide these services with funding and grants from the Province of British Columbia and other organizations, as well as donations from local community members.
By Donating to CFEC, You Support:
- Providing parents with skills and education to strengthen family life
- Professional Counselling for groups and individuals in the South Cariboo
- Assisting families affected Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and Complex Developmental Behavioural Conditions
- Programs for children that provide skill development and good health
- CFEC’s Emergency Food Cupboard for families and Individuals in need
- And other programs at CFEC that support quality life in the South Cariboo
Food and Goods Donations
The CFEC has an Emergency Food Cupboard that families can access if they are in need of food or diapers. You can help keep the Emergency Food Cupboard stocked up by donating non-perishable food items, or goods like diapers, toothbrushes, etc. A tax receipt may be issued for in-kind donations over CAD 25.00.
Participate in the ‘Touch of Christmas’ Campaign
Many families are already experiencing difficult situations before the inclusion of holiday celebrations, and often it means they won’t get to participate at Christmas. Touch of Christmas is a special campaign we run every holiday season. It’s purpose is to give families in need a supply of gifts and food that will ensure they have a nourishing and happy holiday along with the local community. While the campaign is active, you may donate explicitly to Touch of Christmas, or you can inquire about volunteer opportunities. Contact the Centre for more details.